Hey Now Everybody,
For quite some time I’ve prepared to take the Microsoft .NET 4 Web Dev Exam 71-515, on Saturday April 10th 2010 I took the exam. It was a great experience that I’ve learned a lot & enjoyed it. The beta exam is great since it’s free to take. The exam was longer 85 questions (not 40) & it was 170 minutes (not 120 min). Below is a summary of my preparation for the exam.
The exam 71-515 is a beta for the exam 70-515. It's the web dev for .NET 4. The web dev .NET 3.5 exam is 70-562 & here the two are compared. The skills measured for the exam are listed officially by Microsoft also here is a summary:
1 Developing Web Forms Pages (19%)
- 1.1 Configure Web Forms pages.
- 1.2 Implement master pages & themes.
- 1.3 Implement globalization.
- 1.4 Handle page life cycle events.
- 1.5 Implement caching.
- 1.6 Manage state.
2 Developing and Using Web Forms Controls (18%)
- 2.1 Validate user input.
- 2.2 Create page layout.
- 2.3 Implement user controls.
- 2.4 Implement server controls.
- 2.5 Manipulate user interface controls from code-behind.
3 Implementing Client-Side Scripting and AJAX (16%)
- 3.2 Alter a page dynamically by manipulating the DOM.
- 3.4 Implement ASP.NET AJAX.
- 3.5 Implement AJAX by using jQuery.
- 4.1 Configure authentication & authorization.
- 4.2 Configure providers.
- 4.3 Create and configure HttpHandlers and HttpModules.
- 4.4 Configure initialization and error handling.
- 4.5 Reference and configure ASMX and WCF services.
- 4.6 Configure projects and solutions, and reference assemblies.
- 4.7 Debug a Web application.
- 4.8 Deploy a Web application.
5 Displaying and Manipulating Data (19%)
- 5.1 Implement data-bound controls.
- 5.2 Implement DataSource controls.
- 5.3 Query and manipulate data by using LINQ.
- 5.4 Create and consume a data service.
- 5.5 Create and configure a Dynamic Data project.
6 Developing a Web Application by Using ASP.NET MVC 2 (13%)
- 6.1 Create custom routes.
- 6.2 Create controllers & actions.
- 6.3 Structure an ASP.NET MVC application.
- 6.4 Create and customize views.
Hope this helps provide info about the 71-515 exam,
The next 40 days I’m breaking up into two 20 day sections, the first focusing on the MCPD ASP.NET 4 exam & going to prepare & take that beta exam. Then changing focus to the SQL Server 2008 Developer exam. The content is great to study & learn.
That is all there is & there will be more,